Executive Watersports policies for coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Governor of Texas gave the green light for summer camps to proceed after May 31, 2020, and after careful consideration and advice from our advisors and families, we will proceed with our summer wake camps as planned.
We have updated our protocols in accordance with the OpenTexas Minimum Standard Health Protocols for DAY YOUTH CAMP OPERATORS AND STAFF and continue to monitor the guidance from The CDC and The Governor’s Strike Force. In addition to our Water Safety protocols our new protocols include:
- Taking the temperature of each staff member and camper every morning
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting equipment on the boats as well as the dock and play areas
- Training all staff on health and safety protocols
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices including handwashing and cough etiquette
- Asking campers and counselors to never share towels
- All campers should bring a fresh clean towel daily
- Each camper should bring their own lunch every day, except when indicated
- We will continue to provide individually wrapped snacks and canned or bottled drinks.
- Encourage campers to bring their own life jackets or lake gear if they have them.
Parents should monitor the health of their children and not send them to the program if they exhibit any symptom of COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19. They should seek COVID-19 testing promptly and report results to the program given the implications for other children, families, and staff.
Sign or symptoms of possible COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
We will regularly communicate and monitor developments with local authorities, employees, and families regarding cases, exposures, and updates to policies and procedures.
We will offer full refunds in the case that camps cannot proceed due to unforeseen circumstances related to the pandemic.
Thank you for being a part of the EW family. Can’t wait to be back on the water with your kids!